xcupidxstuntx

Online Não
Nível 19
Registado 5 anos atrás
Post(s) 1900
Local England

7 meses atrás
4Arnd (7 meses atrás) #20495241

Hmm, apart from your doorstep experience, I would prefer DHL over UPS in terms of reliability and possible customs charges. If you use UPS after all, make sure it is very well packed. They said to allow for a 3 foot drop in their depots/distribution centres, which says it all...

I'm only ordering tshirts so a three-foot drop shouldn't matter too much, but, yikes o_o Thanks for the heads up!
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone."

rufusdrumknott
Regular Boarder

rufusdrumknott

Online Não
Nível 10
Registado 11 meses atrás
Post(s) 254
Local United Ki...

7 meses atrás
Okay, sooo this is the second time this has happened: I got my package before I got the Parcelforce bill. And I know for sure that the bill is for the package I just arrived, it has the customs sticker on the side and everything. I know I should pay anyway, but I'm just curious, what's the worst that can happen if I don't? :p I'm sure this has happened to you guys before, since this is the *second* time. The first time I paid right away because I thought it was for something else (which I also got charged for, even though it was SAL -_-)

4Arnd
4ア一ンド
Administrator

4Arnd

Online Não
Nível 28
Registado 7 anos atrás
Post(s) 2553
Local United Ki...

7 meses atrás
rufusdrumknott (7 meses atrás) #21127621Okay, sooo this is the second time this has happened: I got my package before I got the Parcelforce bill. And I know for sure that the bill is for the package I just arrived, it has the customs sticker on the side and everything. I know I should pay anyway, but I'm just curious, what's the worst that can happen if I don't? :p I'm sure this has happened to you guys before, since this is the *second* time. The first time I paid right away because I thought it was for something else (which I also got charged for, even though it was SAL -_-)

All going well, you won't have to pay. They shouldn't let you have the parcel prior payment collection. If you don't get a card or demand for payment, lucky. ;-)
http://myfigurecollection.net/pics/b/mfc180x80.png . https://en.facebookbrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/FB-fLogo-Blue-broadcast-2.png . https://cdn.cms-twdigitalassets.com/content/brand-twitter/en/jcr:content/par/c01_column_1596992668/col2/b04_asset_download_m.img.500.medium.1469476604231.jpg .

rufusdrumknott
Regular Boarder

rufusdrumknott

Online Não
Nível 10
Registado 11 meses atrás
Post(s) 254
Local United Ki...

7 meses atrás
4Arnd (7 meses atrás) #21145522All going well, you won't have to pay. They shouldn't let you have the parcel prior payment collection. If you don't get a card or demand for payment, lucky. ;-)

Thanks a lot for the reassurance! I was praying really hard that I wouldn't get charged since the package value was brushing the limit haha

chirp
Regular Boarder

chirp

Online Não
Nível 9
Registado 3 anos atrás
Post(s) 45
Local UK

6 meses atrás
I rarely get customs charges. Just had 5 in a row. Ugh. I'm broke enough as it is!

Scraps
Regular Boarder

Scraps

Online Não
Nível 5
Registado 2 anos atrás
Post(s) 2

6 meses atrás
I ordered from amiami and had to pay £20 for a registered SAL packet. What is everyone's rate of getting hit by customs when it comes to SAL? Royal Mail states that "Items which should have incurred Import VAT and/or Customs Duty and have not been charged in the past are anomalies." Really?

Next time I'll be sure to use a forwarding service. ( ᓀ ‸ ᓂ )

4Arnd
4ア一ンド
Administrator

4Arnd

Online Não
Nível 28
Registado 7 anos atrás
Post(s) 2553
Local United Ki...

6 meses atrás
Scraps (6 meses atrás) #22268200I ordered from amiami and had to pay £20 for a registered SAL packet. What is everyone's rate of getting hit by customs when it comes to SAL? Royal Mail states that "Items which should have incurred Import VAT and/or Customs Duty and have not been charged in the past are anomalies." Really?

Next time I'll be sure to use a forwarding service. ( ᓀ ‸ ᓂ )

Virtually every time actually. Depending on value and importance on speed, I found standard SAL to be faster and less hit by charges. ^^;
http://myfigurecollection.net/pics/b/mfc180x80.png . https://en.facebookbrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/FB-fLogo-Blue-broadcast-2.png . https://cdn.cms-twdigitalassets.com/content/brand-twitter/en/jcr:content/par/c01_column_1596992668/col2/b04_asset_download_m.img.500.medium.1469476604231.jpg .

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

Online Não
Nível 10
Registado 9 meses atrás
Post(s) 94
Local UK

6 meses atrás
I have noticed in recent months they have been picking up a LOT more.

Though even if it isn't gift, they don't seem to be charging VAT on the postage... so, uh, that's nice.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online Não
Nível 22
Registado 2 anos atrás
Post(s) 395
Local United Ki...

6 meses atrás
I haven't been hit at all since a year back now and I only use EMS shipping. It's normally valued down and marked as a gift.

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online Não
Nível 19
Registado 5 anos atrás
Post(s) 1900
Local England

6 meses atrás
Got a parcel from Buyee valued at 6000yen and no customs! Wahey!
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone."

4Arnd
4ア一ンド
Administrator

4Arnd

Online Não
Nível 28
Registado 7 anos atrás
Post(s) 2553
Local United Ki...

6 meses atrás
xcupidxstuntx (6 meses atrás) #22294352Got a parcel from Buyee valued at 6000yen and no customs! Wahey!
*Like* :D

Scraps
Regular Boarder

Scraps

Online Não
Nível 5
Registado 2 anos atrás
Post(s) 2

6 meses atrás
Thanks, everyone!

Rikudou (6 meses atrás) #22287060I haven't been hit at all since a year back now and I only use EMS shipping. It's normally valued down and marked as a gift.

Which shops do you use? Downvaluing is pretty much illegal...

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online Não
Nível 22
Registado 2 anos atrás
Post(s) 395
Local United Ki...

6 meses atrás
Scraps (6 meses atrás) #22325374Thanks, everyone!

Rikudou (6 meses atrás) #22287060I haven't been hit at all since a year back now and I only use EMS shipping. It's normally valued down and marked as a gift.

Which shops do you use? Downvaluing is pretty much illegal...

It is, but I'm not the one downvaluing :) Big in Japan and Nippon-Yasan mainly. NY downvalue without people asking them.

chirp
Regular Boarder

chirp

Online Não
Nível 9
Registado 3 anos atrás
Post(s) 45
Local UK

6 meses atrás
Scraps (6 meses atrás) #22268200I ordered from amiami and had to pay £20 for a registered SAL packet. What is everyone's rate of getting hit by customs when it comes to SAL?
I almost always use Registered SAL small packet. Except for those recent 5 in a row, I very rarely get customs charges.

AmiAmi do certainly do full price marking on their packages though, so if the package does get caught, then you pay the full fee.

FaiZx
Regular Boarder

FaiZx

Online Não
Nível 5
Registado 10 meses atrás
Post(s) 5

5 meses atrás
I've recently ordered from Japan with a proxy service and since my order value is more than £15, I've asked them to split the items up into different boxes so that it would be under the threshold. I've mentioned to them that they should take the international shipping cost into consideration whilst splitting the order up, as I've read that the £15 threshold includes the shipping cost. Assuming that the international shipping cost isn't written on the customs/ declaration form, how do customs know how much you actually paid for postage? Is this mentioned elsewhere or something?
Atualizado 5 meses atrás #22534993

Pixelated
Regular Boarder

Pixelated

Online Não
Nível 10
Registado 3 anos atrás
Post(s) 31
Local West York...

5 meses atrás
FaiZx (5 meses atrás) #22534993I've recently ordered from Japan with a proxy service and since my order value is more than £15, I've asked them to split the items up into different boxes so that it would be under the threshold. I've mentioned to them that they should take the international shipping cost into consideration whilst splitting the order up, as I've read that the £15 threshold includes the shipping cost. Assuming that the international shipping cost isn't written on the customs/ declaration form, how do customs know how much you actually paid for postage? Is this mentioned elsewhere or something?
Since you are using a proxy ask them to mark the parcel as a gift, splitting the stuff into multiple parcels is hit or miss both could pass without a fee but you spent more shipping them or both could be hit with smaller actual customs fees but you still be psying RM or PF the handling fee for both also the shipping fee is always on the customs form sent with the item there should be no exepections for that so they will always know the cost and what the box contains

FaiZx
Regular Boarder

FaiZx

Online Não
Nível 5
Registado 10 meses atrás
Post(s) 5

5 meses atrás
Pixelated (5 meses atrás) #22540062FaiZx (5 meses atrás) #22534993I've recently ordered from Japan with a proxy service and since my order value is more than £15, I've asked them to split the items up into different boxes so that it would be under the threshold. I've mentioned to them that they should take the international shipping cost into consideration whilst splitting the order up, as I've read that the £15 threshold includes the shipping cost. Assuming that the international shipping cost isn't written on the customs/ declaration form, how do customs know how much you actually paid for postage? Is this mentioned elsewhere or something?
Since you are using a proxy ask them to mark the parcel as a gift, splitting the stuff into multiple parcels is hit or miss both could pass without a fee but you spent more shipping them or both could be hit with smaller actual customs fees but you still be psying RM or PF the handling fee for both also the shipping fee is always on the customs form sent with the item there should be no exepections for that so they will always know the cost and what the box contains

Thanks for letting me know, but I thought there wouldn't be any extra fees if each of the packages were under the value of £15. Also, what are the chances that customs find out that the package isn't exactly a 'gift'? Do they check at all?

So currently, it seems that you have to pay VAT on gifts worth more than £39. Does this value include international shipping cost?
Atualizado 5 meses atrás #22543597

Pixelated
Regular Boarder

Pixelated

Online Não
Nível 10
Registado 3 anos atrás
Post(s) 31
Local West York...

5 meses atrás
FaiZx (5 meses atrás) #22543597Pixelated (5 meses atrás) #22540062FaiZx (5 meses atrás) #22534993I've recently ordered from Japan with a proxy service and since my order value is more than £15, I've asked them to split the items up into different boxes so that it would be under the threshold. I've mentioned to them that they should take the international shipping cost into consideration whilst splitting the order up, as I've read that the £15 threshold includes the shipping cost. Assuming that the international shipping cost isn't written on the customs/ declaration form, how do customs know how much you actually paid for postage? Is this mentioned elsewhere or something?

Thanks for letting me know, but I thought there wouldn't be any extra fees if each of the packages were under the value of £15. Also, what are the chances that customs find out that the package isn't exactly a 'gift'? Do they check at all?

So currently, it seems that you have to pay VAT on gifts worth more than £39. Does this value include international shipping cost?

ohh sorry yes you are correct anything under £15 will get no fee, as for customs actually saying the gift is not a gift is unlikely personally never had that happen or even had a parcel opened, Id say highly unlikely, personally speaking I would say your best option is just sending it as a gift and asking them to mark the price below the £36 limit, only thing to note if it goes missing you would only get that ammount back :x

FaiZx
Regular Boarder

FaiZx

Online Não
Nível 5
Registado 10 meses atrás
Post(s) 5

5 meses atrás
Pixelated (5 meses atrás) #22566444FaiZx (5 meses atrás) #22543597Pixelated (5 meses atrás) #22540062FaiZx (5 meses atrás) #22534993I've recently ordered from Japan with a proxy service and since my order value is more than £15, I've asked them to split the items up into different boxes so that it would be under the threshold. I've mentioned to them that they should take the international shipping cost into consideration whilst splitting the order up, as I've read that the £15 threshold includes the shipping cost. Assuming that the international shipping cost isn't written on the customs/ declaration form, how do customs know how much you actually paid for postage? Is this mentioned elsewhere or something?

ohh sorry yes you are correct anything under £15 will get no fee, as for customs actually saying the gift is not a gift is unlikely personally never had that happen or even had a parcel opened, Id say highly unlikely, personally speaking I would say your best option is just sending it as a gift and asking them to mark the price below the £36 limit, only thing to note if it goes missing you would only get that ammount back :x

Okie dokie! I'll try contacting my proxy regarding this. Thanks for the info :)

Pixelated
Regular Boarder

Pixelated

Online Não
Nível 10
Registado 3 anos atrás
Post(s) 31
Local West York...

4 meses atrás
So its mid year now, and I have gotten maybe my 6th item from Japan and maybe like 20th from outside the EU;

No
Customs Fees
SO FAR

Yee, most of these are not even marked as gift too, all SAL reg or equivalent or some from the US being priority

Just wanted to share, its a pretty good year for me so far *Most likely get multiple customs fee now . _. *

« Anterior   1 59 60 61 62 63 64 65   Próximo »

Topo ↑

Entre para o clube para participar na discussão.