Feedbacks • Hobby Genki
- AlrightMeh store. They used to be a lot better but got a little too big, I reckon. CS has been ignoring me for weeks and I hear they blocked people on Twitter who asked for updates on their orders. Their Discord rep just ignores every inquiry too, though takes time to respond to messages sucking up to them. Only thing keeping me with them is the under declaration and GSC store bonuses.
- Extremely strange shipping patternI have really mixed experiences with Hobby Genki.
Their prices are good and they have a really good variety of figures and many shipping options. Figures are well-packed. The overall homepage is fine, but the order overview is a little bit confusing. Another plus: private warehouse, so one can store the figures. But as far as I know its only items from the same order...?
Sometimes they ship fast... but sometimes it takes them months to ship something. I have two orders that have been released over a month ago and which still hasnt been shipped. Another pre-order was shipped right away. Customer Service answers are really slow, so thats a huge negative point.
Another negative point Hobby Genki shares with other shops is, that they charge for pre-orders at the initial release date. In other words, they dont take delays into account and want the money really early, even if the delay is several months. Add this on top on that they are really slow to ship... makes the wait for a figure somehow really bitter.
I hope these things will change in the future, since they are a good shop otherwise.
- Bad Business Practice And Out Of TouchI started using Hobby Genki earlier this year and after a couple good experiences, was going to start using them often since they give you a shipping quote before preordering. Well after they decided to cancel both my pre-orders for the Pokemon Lillie figures for a mistake on their part, I'll probably avoid them from now on and use them as a shipping reference only.
As far as the error, they allowed people to make orders on the Pokemon Kotobukiya Lillie figures and use the buy now pay later option, since the figures didn't release for over a year. Well after the preorders closed everywhere else, they sent emails to everyone who chose that option and said it was a mistake and cancelled the orders instead of allowing people the option to go ahead and pay for the items. When contacted they just brush you off with a simple generic email. Terrible way of doing business in my opinion.
- Cancelled Pay Later PreorderThey decided to cancel all orders of the two Lillie Kotobukiya figures that used the Pay Later feature on the website. Their excuse was the pay later should not have been an option when placing the order. Instead of giving customers a chance to pay now, they cancelled all of the pay later orders with ZERO notice. This happened two days after Pokemon Center closed the preorder period for these limited figures.
Do not trust preordering on this site, will not recommend to friends, and will never use this site again when ordering figures.
- just okaygood product and shippinng price.
however the preparing progess and customer service response time are tooooo longgggg. Have to wait 10 days to finish package and ship. Email they send sometimes has some fault format.
- 7 feedbacks